Sunday, December 23, 2007

Gray Cat on a Tennessee Farm

I learned to play a mountain dulcimer a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. This is one of the songs I learned and I really had fun playing it.



The sad part is that I let someone discourage me in my efforts to play the dulcimer. I have what is known as a Tennessee Music Box. It's pretty long in length, so it's long on my short legs, but I still manage to play it. The person who discouraged me thought that the music box was too big for me to handle and thought I would do better with a smaller instrument such as a mandolin. For some reason, after that, I just put the music box away and never picked it back up. I should never have let that person discourage and dishearten me that way.

Lately I've been wanting to learn a musical instrument of some kind. I've toyed with the idea of the flute, clarinet, and piano. Even the hammered dulcimer, which I really want to learn to play some time in the near future. But, for now, with our finances so low, I'm going to pick my Tennessee Music Box back up and learn to play again. I'm mad at myself because I've lost my picks and some of my original music, so now I have to get some more. I'm sure they're in my sewing room, but I'll have to wait awhile before I can get to them again. At any rate, I can't wait to play Grey Cat on a Tennessee Farm again.

No comments: