id•i•o•syn•cra•sy - a structural or behavioral characteristic peculiar to an individual or group. Write down 5 of your own idiosyncrasies, then if you wish, tag 5 people.
Chie tagged me to write down 5 of my idiosyncrasies. I know about 2 or 3 so far, and I'll add some more later.
1. I love to read and become very absorbed in the story. I become annoyed when someone interrupts me when I'm reading.
2. I value my privacy and tend to retreat to myself and zone out for reading or knitting or other needlework, especially when I'm stressed.
3. I don't handle stress well, especially when it involves illness and/or death.
4. My dad passed away in 1993 and I'm still not over it. I probably never will be, I've just learned to live with it.
5. I don't have too many friends, but the ones I do have I'm very loyal to and I expect the same from them. That also goes for my husband and family.
6. I love animals and it really bothers me when they are mistreated.
Now that I've started this I can think of more than 5, but I better not post them all here because it could go on and on. I didn't realize I had so many.
Wednesday, August 10, 2005
Tuesday, August 09, 2005
I decided to post some pictures of my progress on the Latifa scarf. I have to say that I'm really, really enjoying knitting this scarf. I guess it must be because it's such a cool pattern and so easy to do. I love mindless knitting and lots of color and this pattern definitely fits the bill.
I've also just tried the new feature that Blogger has for adding images. It's great! Much easier than Hello. I'm so happy now that it's going to be so much easier for me to post pictures now.
Now that I've seen these pictures I feel like my digital camera definitely did do these colors justice. I really love this scarf. I'm afraid I'm going to have to be selfish and keep this one for myself.
The scarf kit came with 2 skeins of Koigu KPPPM in Color P114, Dye Lot 82, and 1 skein each of Silky Wool by Elsebeth Lavold in colors 21 (Blue), 20 (Green), 31 (Rust), and 26 (Pink). It's all handpainted, I think, and the colors are really rich and pure looking. I love them. There is one slight difference between the pattern on Knitty.com and the pattern that the yarn store sold with the kit. The difference is that the pattern from the yarn store says that when you are knitting with one color, you knit 36 rows (or 18 ridges), before you begin the next color. I think the pattern from Knitty says to knit until you have either 15 or 16 ridges. I like the 18 ridges better because it shows more of each color block.
Monday, August 08, 2005
I finally broke down and bought a scarf kit at my LYS for the Latifa Scarf. The kit was pricey and I debated about it and decided, what the heck and bought it last week. I love it! It is so beautiful, and I'm really enjoying working on it. It makes me want to make some more, but with a less expensive yarn. As soon as I can make a picture that I can live with, I'll post one. I took one over the weekend with my digital camera, but I didn't think the pictures did the colors of the yarn justice. When I finish this scarf, I'm going to start thinking about making hats and scarves for Christmas gifts.