Saturday, December 22, 2007

I've Been Crowned

On Thursday afternoon I went to the dentist to have my crown replaced. It was very easy. The dentist didn't even have to deaden anything. He just filed down the crown a little, put some new cement on it and put it back in. Easy as pie. It felt a little funny at first since I went for a week with a hole where the crown used to be, but now it's back to normal and I'm chewing on that side again. I'll have to have a root canal on another tooth after the first of the year, but I'm not thinking about that right now. I know I sound like Scarlett O'Hara. I'll think about that tomorrow.

I have been having fun making some artwork the past couple of days. I've been working on my Lovely Ladies series. I'll have the prints up in my shop very soon. Until then, here's a small preview.

This Lovely Lady is called Bridesmaid. "Always a bridesmaid, never a bride."


This Lovely Lady is called Flapper Girl. I think she's my favorite so far. I love her feathers.


This Lovely Lady is called Prom Girl.


The prints will all be 8 1/2" x 11" and will fit in a standard 8 x 10 frame. They would also look pretty in an 8 x 10 or larger frame with an oval mat. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to add color to them or not. I will probably do that later on, but for now I'm offering these prints as ink drawings. I'm working on a new one called Retro Girl. There is a poodle skirt involved in this one.

No comments: