Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Last night was fairly uneventful as New Years Eve goes. I was sick with a sore throat and cold and didn't get to go to our friends house to ring the new year in. Eddie did go, though, and I stayed home. I just didn't want to infect anyone.

So, what I did was watched the movie O Brother, Where are Thou for about he 10th time and after that I settled in and did some reading. Right now I'm reading the book Scarlett, which was written several years back as the sequel to Gone With the Wind. Now there is a new book out that is the authorized sequel titled Rhett Butler's People. This book has been authorized as a sequel by the Margaret Mitchell family, whereas I guess the first sequel, Scarlett, must not have been. I'm really enjoying it, though, and it sure seems to reflect Scarlett's basic selfish personally just like in the first book. So far, she's spending most of her time trying to get Rhett back in spite of the fact that he's no longer interested. She's convinced that he still is, so I think it will be interesting to see how the story ends.

No comments: