Friday, January 18, 2008

Trilby Wragge


This is a picture of the original Trilby Wragge doll that my friend and I took on our visit to the Bluff Hall Mansion in Demopolis, Alabama about 2 years ago.

I have found a wonderful treasure. It's the most intriguing story of the doll I've been telling you about named Trilby Wragge. I took a chance and did a Google search for "Trilby Wragge Demopolis, Alabama" and found a listing of articles housed in the Demopolis Public Library from the Bluff Hall Mansion. One of the articles is titled The Story of Miss Dotie Vaughan and Miss Trilby Wragge, from Campbell Long. I emailed the librarian there and she scanned the documents and sent them to me in an email as pdf documents.

Since I can't figure out how to put a link to a pdf document in my blog post, I'm going to retype the articles and just put a link to them in Word or something similar. Or I may just post the whole thing in its entirety on my blog. It's such a charming story and I see so many possibilities for dioramas. I can't wait to read the articles and jot down some ideas.

So, until my next post, I'll leave you looking forward to this story.

No comments: