Saturday, June 28, 2008

Scarves

I've been feeling a little on the poor side this weekend. But, really for the past week I haven't felt all that great. Good days and bad days. I think I've been eating too much sugar. It's time to stop that nasty stuff. My doctor has been wanting me to for years. Not even chocolate. Sigh. Well, I guess that has to go too.

I just feel badly whenever I eat sweets. No I'm not diabetic. Or at least I wasn't my last blood test. My glucose count was actually good. But, just to be sure and avoid any future complications, I'm going to do something about it now. I had a terrible headache yesterday either from looking at the computer screen too long, or from sugar/chocolate withdrawal. But, I digress.

I did feel well enough to work on this scarf this weekend.


I really love the way it came out. I've been seeing so many pretty scarves lately. I've decided that I'm going to make a few and put them in my Etsy store when the weather begins to cool off. I can't imagine anyone wanting to wear a scarf in this balmy weather we've had lately. It's been in the upper 80's to mid 90's here for about 2 months and summer just started last week. It's always really humid here in the south too. When it's that hot and you go outside, it just feels like someone threw a blanket on top of you. I mostly stay inside during the summer months. I just can't take the heat anymore.

2 comments:

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Ugh--I know just what you mean about the heat! I can't take it either.

Sorry you are feeling poorly--good luck getting off the sugar. I have been trying to do that too and drop a few pounds (well, to be honest, quite a few pounds lol!) It does help to switch to fruit when you need a sweet. That does satisfy the sweet tooth and has good vitamins and such.

Love your pretty scarf --the colors are lovely!

Smiles, Karen

Anonymous said...

What a pretty scarf!! I love the pinks! ;)

Stay cool in this hot weather! :)