Sunday, June 15, 2008

I Am a Snapdragon

I found this fun little quiz through another blog this weekend. You just click on the link below and take your own quiz to see which flower you are.


I am a
Snapdragon


What Flower
Are You?



My vacation is over and I'm heading back to work tomorrow. I've had lots of fun, though, even though we didn't go to Florida. I did lots of things I don't normally get to do, and most of them I've posted about. I did lots of reading, watching movies, and painting. I'm going to have a shop update this week and have some prints available of paintings that I worked on these past two weeks. And maybe even a jewelry pouch or two.

Yesterday I did some baking.


There is one cupcake missing. Can you guess why? Actually, the real reason is because for some strange reason I only had enough cake batter for 11 cupcakes instead of 12. It was probably my inability to evenly distribute the batter into the pans. No matter. They all disappeared in record time.

This morning as I was making biscuits I was looking at my tired, worn out, glass kitchen canisters and thinking that I need new ones. Then I thought, that the only thing wrong with them was the ugly wooden lids. So, I decided that I can paint them and they will be good as new. No need to buy new ones. I like the way these glass canisters slant forward and didn't really want to buy new ones. So, I'm working on the lids now and will post the final result when I finish.

I guess I don't have very much to say this post. Mostly I'm just trying to get back into the working mindset and getting things ready for work tomorrow.

Oh, I almost forgot. Friday night there was a special movie on the Oxygen channel and it was Pride and Prejudice. I got right in the middle of it and thought, well darn, I've missed it. But, no ... low and behold I saw that there was going to be an oncore presentation right after the current one, so I was able to see it after all. It was very good. So far, I've enjoyed Sense and Sensibility and Pride and Prejudice. Now I have Persuasion, but I haven't watched it yet. Now I have to go back and read the novels. I rented The Jane Austen Book Club this week and need to finish watching it so I can take it back. I was interrupted in the middle of it and never got back to it.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon!
I just got you comment! Yes, there is a pink morning print availible! :)

(not to hurt any of my painting's feelings, but it's one of my absolute favorites!!)