Friday, June 20, 2008

Lovely

Today before I went to lunch I got a text message from my cousin. He sent me this picture.


He said he had gone home for lunch and was sitting on his front porch eating his sandwich when he noticed that his rose bush is in full bloom. He said they were so lovely and it made him think of me. He said he wanted to send the photo to me because I am a lovely person and that he loves me. It was so sweet. Of course, being the sentimental fool I am, I cried. It made my day and receiving this was just what I needed today.

For my own lunch break, I went out to the Hobby Lobby to buy some more wood embroidery frames to make some more swatch portraits. As I was browsing through the aisles I came across this pretty metal star. I really like it. It's not the best picture since I took it with my cell phone camera, but you get the idea of what it looks like. This picture really does not do it justice.


After that I went down another aisle and saw some candle holders that I really like. I snapped this picture to show you. They are 50% off this week at Hobby Lobby. I think this one is unique. They have a short one and then a taller one. I might go back tomorrow and get them for my fireplace mantel. Again, this picture is not very clear, but you get the idea.

2 comments:

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Awww---your cousin is just the sweetest!! That is just so dang nice! I like the things you shot at the store--both the star and the candle cup.
Smiles, Karen

Anonymous said...

What a sweet cousin!! That would have made me cry too!! And a pretty rosebush it is indeed! :)

I hope you're having a great Wednesday!!