Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Wind Storm

This has been an unseasonably hot summer so far. It's been in the 90's almost every day and for the past week or so, the temperatures have been over 100 degrees. We had a bad wind storm last week. I was at home by myself when it hit and I was scared to death! I have never seen the trees bend over the way they did that night. I felt like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz.

I was pacing the floor. I didn't know what to do, so the only thing I knew to do, if I thought a tornado was coming, was just get in the bathtub and pull a quilt over me and pray and hope for the best. The storm finally ended, but not before taking our power for about 2 days. We did finally get our power back on and it was wonderful!

2 comments:

Paula said...

We had a bad storm here too, Sharon... I thought we were going to get blown away! *Whew*
We have been getting some good rain the last couple of days though, so if it takes the storms to bring it, then I'll make the best of it.

Sharon said...

We've been getting rain too Paula. It's been nice to just get rain without the storms. Glad everything is ok your way.