Friday, July 27, 2012

Disappearing Nine Patch in Progress

Tonight I whipped this up:



I don't mean to sound boastful, but this pattern was so easy that it didn't take long at all.  This quilt top looks like I spent tons of time on it and I really didn't.  I put the tutorial on here a couple of posts ago.  These are 9 patch squares that have been cut crosswise down the middle.  Then the little blocks are reassembled into a different looking block.  I'm really loving this pattern.  I found some really pretty 5 inch cotton fabric squares on eBay at a very good price.  They were in my mailbox when I got home from work this afternoon and I couldn't wait to get started.  I guess I don't know when to quit when I start this kind of stuff because I didn't stop until this small wall hanging was sewn together.  It's not finished.  I still have to put borders on and quilt it, but I really wanted to share what I've done so far. 

This fabric is just a hodgepodge of everything.  When you use just 3 or 4 colors it really adds a different look.  Look at this square that I started with some 5 inch squares I already had.


Lots of fun!  I hope this inspires you to make one of your own.  If you do, I hope you share your pictures with me or on your own blog.  But, let me know if you make one and share the photos.  I'll post more photos of this one later.


No comments: