Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Little Chickadee

We are going to Spring Creek Retreat this weekend and I should have been packing, but instead I was playing! I was playing around with painting this little chickadee.


He didn't come out as well as I wanted, but this was sort of a practice one. I used watercolor pencils and then lightly watered them down. The yellow on the chickadee's chest didn't come out as rich as I wanted it to. But, I drew another one and I plan to paint him while we are at Spring Creek this weekend.

I have been working with watercolors more and more and I'm beginning to get a better feel for them and how they respond. I hope to be able to make some more paintings using watercolors. I've used oils and acrylics and even played around with colored pencils, but for some reason I keep coming back to watercolors.

When I get back, I plan to put prints of one of my little chickadees in my shop as well as these prints.




I also hope to have a video to share, if I can figure out how to get it into Youtube and then on my blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a darling little chickadee! :) And I am excited for you and getting prints made! :) Hope you a wonderful retreat this weekend!! Can't wait to hear about it!