Saturday, August 07, 2004

Nightfall

Last night we went to our Friday night Nightfall Concert Series in my city and heard Bernard Allison for the first time. I love the Blues and R&B music, Stevie Ray Vaughan, B.B. King, and I was not disappointed. This concern was, without a doubt, the best of the Nightfall series so far. Eddie said he had heard Bernard before at the annual Bessie Smith Strut that we have here every summer during our annual Riverbend Festival. Bernard really connects with his audience. He is a true blues, R&B guitarist, although he is much more than that. He jumped off the stage during his concert and down into the audience and "walked the crowd" all the while playing that bluesy guitar. Eddie and I were right up in front of the stage, so close we could have grabbed his ankle. It was so cool. I hope he comes to Chattanooga again really soon.

Well, now if I can come down, for a little bit, from my high of Bernard Allison, I'll tell you about my knitting. One day last week my mother-in-law called me at work and told me that one of Eddie's cousins is having a baby this month. She asked me if I could make one of the raglan baby sweaters. I told her I would be happy to, so I have been working on that for the past few days. I have the raglans finished and now I'm working on the first sleeve. I've had to frog a few rows on the sleeve, which has been a little frustrating, but I think I'm finally on my way to finishing it. I'll post a picture when I finish it because right now it looks really weird and out of whack because the front of the sweater is on a stitch holder and the other half is dangling on another holder. It's hard to imagine, from the way it looks now, that it will eventually be a baby sweater, but hopefully, somehow it will transform into one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to seeing the picture of the baby sweater. :)