Sunday, August 22, 2004

Quilt Show and Lace Tales

I'm recuperating this weekend from the quilt show that I went to in Nashville this past Thursday and Friday. It was a wonderful show and I got lots of great pictures of the quilts that were in the show. It took me two days to get through all of the vendors, and I bought some great stuff. Spent way too much money.

I found something unique that I'm really excited about. There was a booth there from a company called Lace Tales, and they had some beautiful embroidery things. It is all embroidery done with the stem stitch that is used in Redwork embroidery. They had pillow shams, shirts, baby pillowcases and more. It was almost overwhelming and I'm sure I didn't see everything they had. I bought a nice cotton shirt that I want to embroidery some lilies, and birds on and I will probably wear it as a jacket. I'm really enjoying this stitch. It's really easy and goes pretty fast. I'll post pictures when I finish it. I started the embroidery on the shirt last night and I'm anxious to get back to it. I'm also having to stop every now and then and work on the baby hat that I'm knitting to go with the green baby sweater. Both hat and sweater will be going to the new baby sometime this month or next.

I also bought a neat applique pattern to put on a sweatshirt and make a jacket out of it. The one on display was really pretty. I might start that next when I finish the embroidering on the shirt. I really would like to have the sweatshirt jacket to wear this winter and fall. I bought many more things too, but I haven't even gone through it all yet.

Gotta go ... I have to embroider!! But, I may need a nap first ....

No comments: