Thursday, November 20, 2008

Paper and Threads Blog

I just found an inspiring new blog this morning quite by accident. It's called Paper and Threads. I just love the way the blog owner paints watercolor illustrations of her journal pages. I love this! This is so inspiring to me. I would love to be able to do that. It's very inspiring, but also a little intimidating to me at the same time. I doubt that I could ever reach the level of artistic talent that this person has. I just have an itching feeling to try it anyway. Everyone is different and no two person's art is going to be exactly the same anyway, so why not?

I just had to share this. I haven't had a chance to look at the whole blog, but what I've seen so far is just so awesome. To take the time to document in such an artistic way different events and things in your life. Rooms, even ... Floor plans, it's wonderful. Wouldn't this be a great way to document your memories of houses you've lived in? I've been wanting for a long time to draw the floor plan of my great aunt's house as I remember it. This would be a great way to do it. I'm going to give this some more thought. I've got oodles of watercolors. I might just try this! Wish me luck.

No comments: