Friday, November 07, 2008

Etsy No More

I hated to do it, but I've made the decision to close my Etsy shop at least for the time being. I have been more successful locally in 3 weeks time than I have in a year and half on Etsy. I think Etsy is a wonderful place and I buy lots of things through their site. I just think that, for me, it was not a successful venture. I guess you have to have lots of folks who know you and you have a good following. Or maybe there is just too much competition from other folks who are selling similar items. I do appreciate the folks who read my blog. You mean everything to me. I first started my blog mainly for myself, but when I started to have readers and other bloggers commenting on my posts, it made me feel really good to hear from them. And it still does. I look forward to seeing your comments on my blog posts and I love reading all of your blogs too. It's one of my favorite things to do!

I have to admit that selling my things and actually talking face-to-face with the buyers is so much fun! I've had a really wonderful time at the fall festivals and other events that I've gone to in recent weeks. People are so gracious and complimentary. It's such a community type thing because you become acquainted with other vendors too. I love making my items and I love to see the joy on buyer's faces when they find that little something that they have been looking for either for themselves or for a gift. So, at least for now, I'll be peddling my wares locally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww.. That's a little sad, but I commend you for sticking to what you like best! Face to face always does beat invisible people. :) Best of luck! I do hope you don't stop blogging!!!