Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Goodies

I always love finding treasures. I was in Hobby Lobby this week and they were having a sale on all of their yard art and things like that. I was browsing down the aisles and I found this cute box that I just love.


I bought it with the intention of putting my embroidery thread in it so that it would all be in one place. When I got home I realized that I have all of my embroidery thread and other embroidery items in a hatbox that I had bought awhile back. Now, I don't know what in the world to put in this pretty little blue box, but I couldn't pass it up, so I'm sure I'll think of something creative.

I also got in the mood to make a small music box with a hand crank. I found a cute little box for $1 at A.C. Moore and I found the music box mechanism at a local museum. It's called a Hurdy Gurdy music box. The picture of the music box from the outside came out well, but or some reason, the inside photo I took came out a little blurry, but you get the idea. I stained it with some Minwax and I think it came out fairly well. I still want to put a shiny finish on it.


No comments: