Monday, September 15, 2014

Twister Quilts

This past week the American Quilter's Society had their annual quilt show in my city.  I'm so happy and I think they are going to be here for the next 3 years.  But, before that, I became enamored with the Twister Quilts.  They are so neat.  Not to mention how easy they are to make.  A tutorial using the Twister Tool is here.  I bought several sizes in the Twister Tool at the quilt show.  You start out with 5" inch charm pack squares, or you can cut your own.  Here is my first Twister quilt.


On this one I just sewed together 6 rows by 6 rows of the 5" squares.  Then using the Twister tool I cut them out and arranged them.  Then I saw a pattern for a wreath and since I had some 5" squares and other fabric leftover from the first quilt, I decided to try the wreath.


Then I saw a pattern for this Jack 'o Lantern and I had to try it.  It took longer than I thought to get it sewn together, but I love the results.


Now, I'm hooked on this pattern.  I can't seem to stop making them, but I'm going to have to at some point and start quilting them.

No comments: