Monday, September 08, 2014

Magazine Cover Clutch

I recently learned about these very pretty and chic magazine cover clutches.


I saw it when I was searching for something else on Google.  But then, that's how I find most of my inspiration, while searching for something else.  I guess you could say I'm easily distracted.  Anyway, I saw this ad for a kit you can buy for $29 to make your own clutch.  Somehow I just can't justify paying that much for a kit when I already have all the materials to make the clutch except for, well, the clutch itself.  I admit I really love that clutch that comes with the kit, but still.

So, I Googled it and came up with this really easy tutorial.  There are a couple of ways to do it, but I chose this method because it was so easy.  All you need is the magazine cover of your choice, some scissors or a paper cutter (the kind you can get in the scrapbook section of your craft store), a foam brush, some gloss Modge Podge and you're all set.  Just follow the above tutorial and you'll have your elegant and chic Magazine Cover Clutch in no time.

I decided that I could do this myself without buying the kit, so I went to the thrift store and found a little purse that was on sale for .99 cents.  How cool is that?  It's not a clutch, but after looking at it, I decided that I could make it work.  Also, the chain shoulder strap was very tarnished, so I had to figure out how to get that off.  I found another tutorial on Youtube for how to do that too.

Here's my version of the Magazine Cover Clutch/Purse and I love it!



No comments: