Here is a picture of the doily that I made this past weekend. It's a really pretty doily and fairly easy if you can read between the lines. I have found that with alot of doily patterns, the creater assumes you know things that you might not know. If you are a beginner, like me, I tend to want everything step-by-step. I like to make doilies in a methodical manner. In other words, I follow the pattern per batim, and if there is something in there that the creator assumes I know to do and doesn't put it in the pattern, chances are I'm going to be lost and have to do some frogging. That's the way it was with this pattern. I loved the finished product, but I found myself having to back track and figure some things out.
I've made this one before in other colors, but I made this one in a variegated purple. It's Aunt Lydia's, I think. It came out really pretty. I'm pleased with it. It has some mistakes, but if you don't look too closely, you won't find them.