Friday, February 21, 2014

Fun, Flirty 50's Vintage Inspired Apron

Earlier this week I received a sale flyer from Hancock Fabrics.  One thing really intrigued me and that was a sale on cotton fabric at $2.49 a yard.  That's always a plus!  And the other thing was a photo of some cute flirty aprons made by Simplicity.  The pattern number is Simplicity 2592.  The front of the pattern looks like this:


I was especially interested in view D.  I went to Hancock's, bought the pattern and some fabric, came home and made this one:

I thought it came out really cute.  I love it so much that I'm making another one that is green with white polka dots.  The new one I made is view C of the pattern.  It's the one with the ruffled skirt and bib.  This pattern has been described as a vintage inspired 50's ruffled apron.  It's a pattern that was discontinued and Simplicity has reissued it.



No comments: