Friday, September 21, 2012

Ruffle Scarf


I've been seeing alot lately on the Internet and on blogs about these knitted Ruffle Scarfs.  There are several videos on Youtube for how to make them.  I went to Youtube and just typed in "Ruffle Scarf" in the search box and several came up.  I was curious about how this works and it's really very easy.  The yarn that they are knitted with is a kind of ribbon looking yard, but you spread it out and it makes a lacy type yarn, then you knit into the top holes of the lace.  It's quite simple, really.  A friend of mine has been making them and selling them and she said they were fun.  Well, one day this week I bought some yarn at Hobby Lobby (Yarn Bee Chrysalis) and tried to start one.  I must have been really tired and distracted because I started it about 3 times and every time I got to about the 3rd row, I ended up with more stitches on my needle than I started with.  I was thinking that I wasn't having "fun" at all, but I decided it wasn't going to beat me, so last night I started again and so far it's going really well.  The yarn is kind of fiddly, but once you get the hang of working with it, it's really pretty easy and you get a really festive looking scarf out of it.  I just had to try it and I haven't decided yet if I'm going to wear it or sell it, but if it goes well I'll probably make a couple more, maybe, to sell.  The colors are beautiful.  I love variegated yarn.  It's one of my favorite things.

1 comment:

Paula said...

That's really pretty, Sharon!