Saturday, April 14, 2012

I haven't been blogging much lately.  I guess I've just been busy with other things, but I really need to get back to blogging more.  I'm actually thinking about changing the name of my blog to something other than Sharon's Knitting and Other Stuff.  I think sometimes I don't blog because I think I'm limited to only blogging about knitting and if I'm not working on a knitting project, then I think I really don't have anything to say.  The more I think about it, the more I think I want it to be more than just knitting.  I think I still want it to be knitting, but also about other things that I like to do.  I also like writing poetry and short stories, crochet, quilting, and I also like photography.  So, I'm going to have to give it some thought about the name change. 

Lately, I have been thinking about my writing.  I have several cousins who are talented at writing poetry and short stories.  The other day one of them sent to me a copy of her newest short story and she also sent a CD that had a recording of her reading the story.  It was so awesome!  It really made the story come alive.  Her mother (my first cousin) and I got to talking about how it would be a good way for us to also record our poems and short stories as a way to preserve them.  So, we are going to do that.  I have already bought an inexpensive microphone just for testing and have recorded a few poems.  As a test, I burned the recordings to a CD and played it in my CD player in my car, and it worked great!  That really got me excited about recording other stuff and also inspired me to try and write some more.

I do have some knitting to show you.  This is a scarf that I'm working on as a gift for a dear lady who is a friend of me and my mother.  The pattern is the Flyng V Scarf from the book Exquisite Little Knits.  I've talked about this book before and this pattern.  I love the pattern.  It's very easy to do and with a variegated yarn, looks great!  The yarn I'm using for this scarf is Deborah Norville's Collection Everyday Soft Worsted.  It's anti-pilling.  I'm using size 7 knitting needles for this one.  The color is Red Rocks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Sharon -sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy. What a great idea to record your writings! I just started a new singing blog. I guess siince I make my living at teaching voice, I should have a blog about it. You can find it at www.singingwithlinda.blogspot.com. I also have my YouTube on there where I have recorded some of my students. I am like you--I really don't know what to do next. Clean the house, maybe? Nah. ;)