Monday, May 03, 2010

Spring Beauties

I wanted to share some pictures of the spring beauties that are blooming in my yard. I used the free tool Picnik to soften the edges of this pretty pink iris.


My peonies are also getting ready to bloom.


And, oh joy! My hydrangeas look like they are getting ready to bloom this year for the first time in about 2 years! This year I fertilized my plant and put lime around the bottom hoping to get a pink flower. It'll be interesting to see what color they are.


Oh my, I want a white hydrangea so badly. They are so pretty. We used to call them snowball bushes when I was growing up.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Sharon, your flowers look so pretty. They look ready to pop! lol

You're a bit further along with your peonies than mine are. I can't see the color yet. This is my second year and their first blooming season, so I'm pretty excited.