Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pillowcases

I wanted to share some pictures of what I've been working on lately. I've been making pillowcases. These are so easy and so much fun. What got me started was the American Patchwork and Quilting 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge. This web site has all the information and some patterns too. What I didn't like was the fact that the pillowcases have raw edges on the inside, so I found a Youtube video of how to make one with nice, finished edges on the inside.



For more detailed written instructions for how to do this, go to Robin Gallagher's website.

The only thing I did differently was to sew a decorative stitch along the edges of the small trim. I think that little extra touch adds a certain elegance to the pillowcase. I wanted to make some pillowcases to give to two of my nieces for Christmas. The first one is a cute flower and butterfly print.



The next one is a cute Tinkerbell print.


And the last two are from some fabric I found in the discount fabric bin at my Hobby Lobby. I'm thinking that I might keep these two for myself.



I also bought some pretty cowgirl and cowboy fabric. Those are going to be really cute too. Then I bought some more floral fabric to make some more. I'll post more pictures when I finish those. I think I'm hooked. For now, anyway, until my next obsession.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pillowcases! :) We got some homemade one for a wedding present. :) I have been trying to get more familiar with my sewing machine! They are so much faster than sewing by hand!