Friday, May 29, 2009

Plum Crazy

There is something that alot of people don't know about me. It's that I have a little bid of a wild side that comes out every now and then. Now, your definition of wild and my definition of wild could possibly be two entirely different things. I don't drink and party or get wild in that way. What I do is every now and then I like to listen to music, really loudly, especially when driving. This morning I drove Eddie's truck because he's taking my car to get the oil changed. There is something about driving a truck that just makes me feel different somehow. I don't know what it is. I can't put my finger on it. I love several things about his truck, but one in particular is that it has a CD player. I know that most cars and trucks these days have one that came as standard equipment, and that's really nothing new, but my car doesn't have one. Anyway, this morning when I got in the truck to drive to work, I put in my favorite Eric Clapton CD, put on my Plum Crazy hat, turned the volume up really loud, and drove in. Ok, that's about as wild as I get. But, it's fun, and I love to drive a cool vehicle and listen to music.

I have a secret desire to get a fun car, maybe a red convertible, put the top down and drive down the road, hair flying in the wind listening to some music that I love. Maybe "Born to Be Wild?" I don't know, something like that. It makes me feel free somehow. And rebellious. Yeah, that's it. Rebellious.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Cute post, Miss Sharon! I feel the same way when I drive Hubby's truck... kinda "bad to the bone"? LOL
I love Eric Clapton and I love to play my car radio a little too loud and "rebel", too... I cranked up the Eagles on my way to the grocery store last week- am I wild or what? *giggle*