Thursday, May 28, 2009

Aprons, Goblets, and Fresh Vegetables

I wanted to post pictures of some more aprons that I've made in the last couple of weeks. I seem to be addicted to these. They are so easy and so much fun to make. I love the fabrics and the coordinating rick rack.



One day this weekend I was sorting through some stuff in our shed and I found a box that had some drinking goblets in it that I had painted a couple of years ago. Joy! I knew I had these somewhere, but I couldn't remember where I had put them. I discovered that I have 6 of them, so I made room for them in the kitchen and now these will be well used from now on. I guess we must have been doing some cleaning at some point and they got boxed up and put into the shed. I've posted a picture of one of them. It is not a really good picture, but I hope you can see it. I used the Donna Dewberry method of painting on glass to make these. It's really easy. If I can do it, anybody can do it.


And, finally, we just had our first meal (or "mess" as we call it in the South) of Silver Queen Corn this past week. It was so pretty after I had shucked and cleaned it that I just had to take a picture. I had been craving fresh vegetables for a few weeks and this just hit the spot.

No comments: