Tuesday, August 19, 2008

New Projects

I have a few flapper hats that I just finished and have added to my Etsy shop.




I was looking through my quilting and sewing patterns the other day and came across a pattern for a Yo-Yo Santa. I've been meaning to make this for a couple of years, so I decided to make it and here it is.


I really had alot of fun making this and I think it turned out really cute. I'm not sure I want to make another one, though. All those yo-yo's. Whew! But they are cute on his beard.

Another thing I've been wanting to do for a really long time is learn to play a musical instrument. Last year I really wanted to get a hammered dulcimer and learn to play it, but unfortunately, our budget wouldn't allow it. We had several things come up throughout the year this year that prevented me from spending the money for it. Well, when you have bills and unexpected necessary expenses, you have to put your priorities in order, and buying a dulcimer just wasn't on that list. It was more of a luxury item. So, this year I decided to learn the play the piano. I have gone back and forth about whether to buy a regular size piano or a good, economical keyboard. Since we really didn't want to deal with the hassle of a regular size piano, I decided to start out with a digital keyboard. I've been researching keyboards for a week or more and finally decided on a Yamaha PSR E313. This is what it looks like.


It's only 61 keys compared to 88 keys on a regular piano, but this will be sufficient for me to start out with learning. Later on, if I decide to, I can always get a piano, but for now, I think this will work. I had to order it, and its been shipped, so I hope to get it some time this week.

2 comments:

Mrs.Kwitty said...

fun hats, cutey pie yoyo Santa--and a new skill to master! Yeah!

I always think of my Mom when I see yoyos, she actually made a queen size bedspread and matching window valances (2 windows and a sliding glass door) completely out of yoyos all stitched together! She made hundreds of them! lol It sure was pretty.

Smiles, Karen

Sharon said...

Wow, that's alot of yoyo's, but I think they are pretty too!