Thursday, April 03, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

I have been so tardy in posting to my blog lately. It has been so busy here at work and at home that I feel like I'm in a whirlwind. I work in an academic library which is busy most of the time, but I work mostly behind the scenes in technical services. That means we do all of the receiving of new books, cataloging and processing them to prepare them for going on the shelves. We also do a yearly inventory during the summer and some departments also do weeding (or withdrawing of old books from our collection) during the summer months when things are quieter in the public service area. But, for me, my workload doubles in the summer months because all that weeding and inventory involves lots and lots of paperwork, which I'm involved in. It really doesn't sound like much, but the time it takes to do all that and the paperwork involved is unbelievable. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I love books. In fact, I wouldn't be happy if I weren't working around books, so this is the ideal place for me to be. The only other thing I would rather be doing is staying at home and having more time for artwork, sewing and all the other things I love to do.

At home, when I don't come home and collapse after work, I have been doing lots of sewing, so I do have some fun things to show you as soon as I get a chance to get the photos I took posted. Just a hint is that it has to do with jewelry and traveling.

Speaking of traveling ... we are planning a vacation with some friends and family to Panama City Beach, FL the first week in June. I'm going to take an extra week after we get back, to rest before I go back to work. That's terrible isn't it? You take a vacation to rest from your vacation??? I'm just not one of those people who can drive 8 hours one day, get home late that evening, and get up early the next morning to go back to work. I would be exhausted.

On another fun note, one of my blogging buddies, Mica, just published a children's book. I also think adults would enjoy it as well. I know I have. It's called The Tale of Spring Forgotten and she published it through blurb. I had never heard of blurb before, but now that I have I'm going to think about publishing a book there later. Maybe a poetry book or something else. My mind is clicking with ideas.

No comments: