Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Busy

Lots of pictures today so that you know what I have been up to. We have been really busy getting some things done that really needed to be done, but I did find some down time for something fun. Like knitting this wonderful scarf. I can't remember what yarn this is but I think it was from ArtYarns and is a 100% merino superwash type wool. I think it's the color 109. I really think you could use any type of worsted weight yarn to knit this with. Any soft yarn that is good for scarves, such as Caron's Simply Soft or other soft yarn. As long as it's variegated yarn. I have seen a couple of scarves in this pattern in solid colors and while they are really pretty, they are not nearly as beautiful and dramatic as using variegated yarn. My needle size is US size 9.


It's called the Flying V Scarf and can be found in the Exquisite Little Knits book by Iris Schreier. I tired to knit this scarf about 2 years ago and got confused, so it went into my ever mounting UFO pile. I picked it back up this past weekend and decided to wing it and see if I could figure it out. Once I figured it out, it was really easy. It would help if there were more illustrations or explanations of what "on the other side" means. Basically, all it means is that when you have finished knitting row 15 you will have a small triangle on one side of your needles and some stitches that are not knit on the other end. After you have worked row 15 and you turn your work, you will be headed in the right direction. You just start from there and knit rows 1 through 14 again. It will look very funny, but trust me, it works out. That's the easiest way I know to explain it.

I've also been busy making gift tags. Fun, Mother Goose gift tags.




I'm going to put them in my Etsy store later on this week.

And another fun thing... Eddie went with a bus tour to Pigeon Forge, TN yesterday. He went to a show called "Christmas in China", and he brought me back this beautiful fan.



I really love it and I'm going to frame it in a shadow box frame so I can keep it forever.

Eddie also made an appointment for me to get a therapeutic massage last Friday. I had never had one before and it was wonderful. So relaxing. Makes me want to get one once a month. He takes such good care of me.

No comments: