Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tennessee Teddy


I was surfing the Internet the other day on a totally unrelated search and found a website that had patterns for knitting sweaters for teddy bears that are given to homeless children or other children in need. I also found a photo of a teddy bear sweater that someone who lives in Knoxville had knit using the Tennessee Vols colors, orange and white. My version if it is above. I have been looking for a teddy bear sweater for a really long time and really glad to have found this one. I really want to make another one later on, but not right now.

Again, I'm at odd ends and not really able to settle down to anything that I really want to knit. That is until I saw this shawl pattern this morning.


I don't know why I didn't think of this myself. This is as easy as pie. Using 4 skeins of Lionbrand Homespun yarn and size 10.5 knitting needles, just cast on 60 stitches and knit every row until it's 60 inches long. Then add some fringe. I've been wanting an easy shawl pattern and maybe this is it. I love the way the colors evolve in the Lionbrand Homespun yarn. Someone has it on sale this week. Sounds like a lunch time road trip.

No comments: