Monday, February 26, 2007

The Best Gifts


I've been in an earring making frenzy for the past week. I don't know what got me started except that I saw a great earring display at our campus bookstore. One of the employees there had a really nice display of her handcrafted earrings and bracelets for sale. I had made some earrings a couple of years ago and then just never got back to it. I had also made some bracelets, only to discover later that they drag on my keyboard and I can't wear them to work. But, low and behold, she also had some stretchy bracelets that she had made. I looked at those and thought that maybe I could take my bracelets apart that I had made and make stretchy ones out of them. Then they wouldn't drag on my keyboard and I could wear them.

As I was looking at the display I thought to myself that I can make the earrings and the bracelets too. I can set up a display in the art gallery in Knoxville where some of my paintings are. She had hers set up in a really eclectic display, which I really love, so I've been thinking about how I can set my up in a similar way.

I'm not a frou frou person. I don't wear alot of makeup or jewelry or flashy clothes. Just some foundation and powder and mascara and that's about it. I do love jewelry even though I don't wear that much of it either. Until about a year ago I never wore necklaces, but I always wore earrings for my pierced ears. I had tons of necklaces that people have given me over the years and I decided to start wearing them. For Christmas about 5 years ago Eddie bought me a beautiful diamond ring that I wear every day. I love it and it means so much to me because it was his idea to buy it for me and not mine. Those are the best gifts.

No comments: