Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Socks Finished


I finally finished my Opal socks. I'm really pleased with the way they came out. They don't match, but they are snuggly and warm. I started another pair in a darker green with a different type of sock yarn, but I had to stop knitting on the socks to work on Christmas gifts for awhile. I have several different things I'm working on for Christmas gifts. Some are embroidered things, and some are cross stitch and some are knitted things. I'm almost finished with the embroidered and cross stitch items and I'll be glad so I can get back to knitting. I used to be really into cross stitch, but now that I've been knitting for so long, I find cross stitch to be tedious and nerve racking. Knitting is much more relaxing to me. I see a laying to rest, so to speak, of my cross stitching sometime in the near future. Unless it's really small things like Christmas ornaments or something like that.

I was in Dollar General over the weekend and I found this little guy for $1.00.


Eddie saw it and said, "What's that?" I said, "It's a little sheep I found at Dollar General." I said, "You know, knitting??? Sheep???" He said, "Oh." I think he got it.

1 comment:

Chie said...

Your socks came out really nice!
I never knitted socks because it looks so hard to do, and I don't like knitting in round! :D
But I crocheted some socks before, and they were so soft and warm. Hand-made socks are so special, don't you think? :)))
I love your little sheepie!!!