Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Latifa Progress So Far



I decided to post some pictures of my progress on the Latifa scarf. I have to say that I'm really, really enjoying knitting this scarf. I guess it must be because it's such a cool pattern and so easy to do. I love mindless knitting and lots of color and this pattern definitely fits the bill.

I've also just tried the new feature that Blogger has for adding images. It's great! Much easier than Hello. I'm so happy now that it's going to be so much easier for me to post pictures now.

Now that I've seen these pictures I feel like my digital camera definitely did do these colors justice. I really love this scarf. I'm afraid I'm going to have to be selfish and keep this one for myself.

The scarf kit came with 2 skeins of Koigu KPPPM in Color P114, Dye Lot 82, and 1 skein each of Silky Wool by Elsebeth Lavold in colors 21 (Blue), 20 (Green), 31 (Rust), and 26 (Pink). It's all handpainted, I think, and the colors are really rich and pure looking. I love them. There is one slight difference between the pattern on Knitty.com and the pattern that the yarn store sold with the kit. The difference is that the pattern from the yarn store says that when you are knitting with one color, you knit 36 rows (or 18 ridges), before you begin the next color. I think the pattern from Knitty says to knit until you have either 15 or 16 ridges. I like the 18 ridges better because it shows more of each color block.

1 comment:

Chie said...

Oh the scarf is comimng along really nice and cute!!! :)
I think I've seen somebody's Latifa made by crocheting. Hmm, I'm gonna have to try to remember.