Friday, July 15, 2005

Shawlette

I was in my LYS the other day and saw a pretty shawlette that was on display. I asked one of the ladies there and she said it was a pattern that someone made up and it's not for sale and doesn't have a copyright on it, so I think I'm safe in repeating it here.. They give you a copy of the pattern when you buy the yarn to make the shawlette. I decided I'm going to make it in a soft ribbon yarn in a pretty rainbow color. The yarn is called Laines Du Nord Ombre.

The pattern is basically this:

You need 230 yards of the yarn, which would be approximately 3 balls of 75 yd Laines Du Nord Ombre. Size 17 knitting needles.

Loosely cast on 30 stitches
Knit in garter stitch (knit every row) increasing one stitch at the end of each row until you have 120-130 stitches. Bind off loosely. Crochet a decorative edge if desired.

The one on display had a crochet edging that was in a fuzzy type yarn that contrasted with the color of the shawlette. The shawlette was a variegated rainbow color. It is a really easy pattern and should be fun to make. I can't wait to get started. I'm going to the yarn shop to buy the yarn after work.

1 comment:

Chie said...

Hi, Sharon! I looked at the yarn you are using for this shawlette, it's beautiful! Can't wait to see the finished shawlette. :)

I did the same thing with my Between-Meal doily. :D As it gets bigger, each row is so long, and I had to put it aside for a while. But, I can tell you this... Once it's done, you will absolutely LOVE it! It's still my most favorite thing I've ever made. :)

Hope you are mom is doing alright. My parents are in Japan getting old... and they are thousands of miles away. :'(