Friday, June 03, 2005

Triangle Shawl Finished!

I finally finished my triangle shawl that I have been working on off and on for about 2 years. Joy, joy! I don't know why I lost interest in it, but I'm really glad I picked it back up again and finished it. I just love it and now I'm inspired to make another one. This time I'm going to stick with it and finish it. I used LionBrand Homespun, and really like the colors that evolved. The only thing I didn't like and was time consuming was having to tie knots in the ends of the fringe because Homespun tends to fray so badly. I hope it holds up.

I read somewhere that instead of using the yarn for fringe on one of these, someone used some ribbon for the fringe. That sounds pretty. I might do that next time. That tying the knots was really, really boring and time consuming.


Posted by Hello


Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very pretty!
cara
earth mother

Chie said...

That's beautiful! :) I have am unfinished knit project that has been put away for about 14 years!!! I meant to finish it last year, but I couldn't. LOL Anyways, I love Homespun, but I know exactly how the yarn is. When I made a scarf with it, I had to make nots on fringe too.
By the way, I'm working on a triangle shawl too, it's just different pattern. :)