Thursday, February 10, 2005

Scarves

I've been on a scarf kick lately. I finished my first Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf and I made another one in Noro Silk Garden. That yarn was ok, but I wasn't thrilled with the feel of it in my hands while I was knitting, although the color came out great, but seemed a little artificial and not a natural looking color. I went to my LYS and bought some superwash merino wool in a variegated color to make another one. This yarn feels much softer than the Noro, even though it is wool. I like the fact that it can be washed and dried flat, whereas the Noro instructions say to dry clean it. I'm thinking about giving these scarves as Christmas gifts and I just don't want to give someone a gift that needs special treatment.

Last night I cast on for a Fun Fur scarf using a pretty pink color. I don't have the label with me, so I can't tell you the color number. It's not a light pink and it's not the hot pink color, but sort of in between, and it's a really pretty pink that I like. I think I'm keeping this scarf for myself since I gave the other ones I made as Christmas gifts. The scarf knits up pretty quickly. I'm already almost half finished with it. The pattern is on the
Lion Brand web site, but I can tell you what it is. The original pattern says to cast on 22 stitches using a size 11 needle and just knit in garter stitch (knit every row) until the scarf is as long as you want it. I used two skeins of the Fun Fur. This time I cast on only 15 stitches and it makes a little bit thinner scarf, but that's ok. It's a light, fun scarf.

No comments: