Sunday, February 13, 2005

Longing for Spring

I started getting sick on Wednesday afternoon after lunch. My throat got sore and lasted until Friday. Then it went away and I felt pretty good, thinking that maybe I got off light. Then yesterday afternoon I started coughing and coughing and am still coughing. I sick of it, and it's only been one day. I'm afraid this is only the beginning. I know there are some other folks who have been dealing with it alot longer than that.

Hubby and I have been lounging around watching Oscar month on Turner Classic Movies. While I'm doing that, of course, it means that I can get some knitting time in. I knit until I get really tired and then I take a nap. I finished the pink Fun Fur scarf. By the way, the color is Raspberry. I started another Fun Fur scarf in black. My boss was wearing a black one the other day and I just loved it, so naturally I decided I needed one too. I'm almost finished with that one, and then I'm going to start yet another one in Caribbean. It's a pretty spring like color that I have never seen before. I have several things I can wear with it. When I'm on so much cold and cough medication, the garter stitch that I use to knit the Fun Fur scarves is just the right kid of mindless knitting that I need right now.

I'm longing for spring. These cold, dark winter days are getting me down. Physically and mentally. I have been thinking about flowering trees and shrubs. I would love to have a tulip tree. I think another name for it is a tulip magnolia of some kind. The blossoms on them are like tulips and they are beautiful. My mother-in-law has one in her yard and I'm so envious. I want one really badly. I'm sure my local garden center has them. First, we have to get our yard back in shape from the construction of the sunroom. There are many things left to do outside. The construction crew still has to come back and finish up some things before we can even begin to clean and landscape the yard again. Right now it just looks like an ugly old construction site.

1 comment:

Chie said...

Ooooh I'm sorry you got that cough too. :( I know exactly how you feel, you know. I'm so exhausted from it... and cough medicine too. I know exactly how it is to be down mentally and physically from this dark winter too. I just know right now, we are feeling exactly the same! But I'm anxious to know what you sent me now, thoughts of it makes my day brighter. :) You know I'm trying to change the title of my blog, don't ya? :P It's because I don't knit enought to have "knitting" on my blog title. But maybe like you said, after I change it, maybe you are gonna make me want to knit again. LOL Anyways, thank you, and I hope you feel better soon really. I'll let you know when the package arrives. :) Happy Valentine's Day!!! :)