Sunday, January 15, 2012

Beaded Change Purse


This is my first knit beaded change purse.  I'm very excited about it.  This is an area in knitting that I had not explored before.  I love learning new things in knitting and I'm really happy to have accomplished this one.  I bought my kit from Purse Paradise.  The pattern for this one is called Elaine.  I also bought the Danielle kit.  It's a little bit bigger, I think.  Elaine didn't take me too long to knit.  I think I will be making more of these little beaded purses.  These little purses take size 8 DMC pearl cotton, size 11/0 seed beads, and 1 pair size 0000 needles, except I found that the size 0000 was just too msall for my eyes, so I used size 000 knitting needles.  Unfortunately, that size is not available in the craft or knitting stores in my area, so I also ordered them from Purse Paradise.  You can find some purse frames at Joann's, but only one size.  So, it's kind of tricky finding all the materials, but once you do, it's so much fun to make these!  The knitting itself is very easy, the sewing of the bag to the frame a little tricky, but not bad.  It wasn't bad at all, in fact.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Great job Sharon! Very pretty!

Chie said...

Hi Sharon :)))

I know this is very late, but happy new year!!!
I see you've been busy knitting. :) I love this purse and scarves, and also your photos too!!!