Friday, July 31, 2009

Beautiful Orchids

I wanted to share a beautiful orchid that is on the desk in the Circulation area of the library where I work.


I have tried growing orchids in the past, but after blooming once they seem to curl up and die. I even had one once that got root rot. I've since figured out that I was probably watering them too much or keeping the soil too wet. I talked to a coworker of mine who is an expert in raising orchids and I think I may have figured out how to keep one living. I might decide to try another one soon. I'll have to give that some thought. In the meantime, I saw this beautiful one (below) online and thought I would share it. I sure wish I had one like this. The red against the white is so dramatic and breathtaking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Love the white ones!