Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Jewelry

About 4 months ago I put some jewelry that I had made up in my Etsy store. I became disheartened when I didn't sell one single thing. I thought my jewelry was the same quality as the jewelry in other stores, but then I decided that no one really knows me and there is so much competition on Etsy. It seems that everyone is trying to make and sell the same things. Some are more successful at selling things than others are. I don't know why. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. I don't know if there is a trick to it that I just don't know about, or if you have to know alot of people who will go to your Etsy store and buy things. Anyway, I've just about given up on trying to sell anything there.

I have a friend who owns a framing shop and art gallery in Knoxville. I decided to take some of my jewelry up there and put it in her shop to see if it might sell there. I thought that with Christmas coming up this might be a good time to do it. So Monday, Eddie and I and my friend's mom went up there. I took some pictures of my display. I was a little disappointed because she doesn't have much room for anything else, but she did make a little spot for my jewelry and while it's not ideal, it will work. It's in a high traffic area, so hopefully someone will browse while they are waiting on some framing and maybe buy something. I'm selling earrings and bracelets and earring and bracelet sets. Also, some bookmarks. I have some tatted bookmarks, some quilted bookmarks and some of the book thong beaded type bookmarks, which I love and use all the time. I think it would make a nice gift to give someone a book with a beaded bookmark tucked inside.





No comments: