Monday, December 12, 2005

Felted Hat Finished

Actually, it's been finished for awhile. I know I've been woefully negligent of my blog lately. I just haven't seemed to have the time to post as often as I would like. Anyway, here's a picture of my finished hat. I really enjoyed knitting it, and it felted nicely. It was nice to have that experience of felting. After reading about so many who have felted successfully and unsuccessfully, I was a little afraid to try it on my own. Finally, one day I just got tired of putting if off and decided to felt it, come what may. It turned out fine, and was a great learning experience.


Last week I was off from work the whole week with a nasty cold/flu bug. Today is my first day back at work. A friend had given me a crochet pattern for an afghan that she was making. It looked pretty easy and relaxing and not too taxing on my brain. I had some yarn and I didn't really feel like doing anything else, so I just sat in my recliner while watching TV with Eddie and worked on this afghan. It's turning out really pretty and I already know that I'm going to love it. It's almost big enough to cover my whole body, and I still have a few more rows to go on it.


My friend loaned the book to me that has the pattern in it, but I can't remember the title. It's a book by Leisure Arts, and it's Quick Crochet Afghans, or something like that. I normally don't crochet that much anymore because I love knitting so much, but this pattern was so easy that I couldn't put it down. And did I mention how fast it went? It was a breeze. Before I knew it I had almost an entire afghan finished. If I had been knitting it, I think it would have taken alot longer and been in danger of becoming a UFO. That's why I usually knit small projects like socks and scarves. The afghan was a great thing to do while recuperating from a cold. It's really hard for me to go to bed when I'm sick unless I have the nausea type sickness. So, when I stay up I can't just sit and watch TV with nothing in my hands to do. I just can't do it. I have to have something in my hands that I can do like knitting, sewing, or crocheting, and this afghan just fit the bill.

1 comment:

Chie said...

Glad to know that you recovered! :)))
You did a great job on your felted hat! What a coincidence, I was felting a hat too today! :D Mine didn't go well, but I'll try again in the near future.
Your afghan is beautiful!
I've been thinking about making an afghan too since I don't have one, and it's just the season that makes me want to have one. :)