Thursday, March 24, 2005

Diamond Patch Sweater

I went to my knitting guild meeting on Monday night and we learned to knit a modular square. Our teacher for that night, who is one of our guild members, brought lots of books and patterns to show us before she started our lesson. One of the books was Domino Knitting, and another one was Dazzling Knits, and there were several other patterns that she had ordered from Just One More Row. She brought a beautiful sweater that she had knitted called the Diamond Patch Sweater. I fell in love with it and there were lots of "ooohhs and aaahhhs" when she showed it. She made it for herself and then decided that the color didn't look good on her and gave it to one of our other guild members. I love the way this sweater hangs and it looks good on any figure. You don't have to be skinny minnie to wear it.

So, I've decided to make one. After learning to knit a modular square, which is using the same basic pattern that is used in the Diamond Patch Sweater, I love knitting these. I decided that I can make this sweater. So I'm going for it. I happened to have several skeins of one color of Berocco's Cotton Twist in my stash and decided that I would use that. I found one other person who has made one using Cotton Twist and I emailed her to ask if there are any tips she would be willing to share, how pleased she was using the yarn, etc. I haven't heard from her yet, but I'm anxiously waiting. I'm also anxiously waiting for my pattern to arrive. They emailed me and said it was mailed on March 22.

Last night I knitted my first gauge square in the Cotton Twist. I need to knit 2 more and attach them and then I will post a picture. I'm really excited, so I hope it goes well. I haven't read any complaints on the Internet from anyone yet who has made it. Everyone who has made it, loves doing it and says it goes pretty fast. So, we'll see how it goes.

No comments: